Melco N1 not showing up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Passport SSD hardrive connected with USB
Melco N1A Connected by WIFI

Description Of Issue
Roon doesn’t see the 1Terabyte SSD I installed and doesn’t see the Melco on my network. Both my MacBook and my SIM 380 DAC see the Melco.
The passport HD is able to play through the Roon but I’m unable to download the music to the the internal SSD in the Nucleus.

You need to upgrade the Melco firmware and change it to Roon Ready Controller Mode.

Melco says my firmware is up to date?

What version software do you have on the Melco? How old is the Melco?
Depending on your answer, you may have to return to your dealer for the Roon upgrade, which is worth it, by the way.

Did you go to Roon Settings / storage / add folder / add network share?

Hey @John_Kuch,

I am so sorry we’ve missed your post until today. Please know we are very sorry and we’re hoping you’ll accept my sincere apology :pleading_face:

I was wondering, is this still happening? Is your Melco still not showing up in Roon? While I do hope you’ve been able to use your audio system, if there’s anything we can help with at this point, we would love to know :nerd_face:

Hello, my MELCO HA- N1 is also not showing in ROON.
I have installed latest firmware update 3.93.
I can access the same melco using Mediamonkey software installed on my android phone and I can cast songs to it successfully.
Why ROON is not detecting my Melco?
My roon core is installed at Nucleus + and it detects my other equipments like Sony TV, oppo udp 303 and blusound node 2i.
Can you help?

I’ve given up trying to use my Melco thru Roon and just stream it directly to my Dcs Bartok.
It works perfectly there.

That means roon do not work on Melco N1?
Roon site indicate Melco n1 as Roon ready?

It seems that way. Perhaps N1 is too old. I was able to do a backup and use the back up drive with USB into my Nucleus. Music plays fine that way.

How old is your N1? Depending on its’ age it may need a hardware update from your dealer. I use a N1 as a Roon endpoint perfectly after it was sent back to the Melco distributor for hardware changes.

Victor

Time flies but it’s more than 5 years. It doesn’t matter it plays through my Dcs streamer so all is good. With Tidal and my other hard drive I have lots of music available.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.