Merging a hidden single album to a set

I can only find cd2 of a box set by searching for one of the tracks on it then going to the title. I can find cd1 and cd3 together when I search by the album title. The 3 piece box set is by various artists which doesn’t help. I understand I should be able to merge the single cd to the other two but I need to have them on the screen together, select them and press merge. How can I do this? I’ve checked the titles are exactly the same

Hi @Terry_Siederer,

There are a couple ways to do this, but the easiest way might be to use Tags. Tag each album with something like “Merge”. Then on the Album browser, choose the Merge tag. You should see these albums both on the screen and you can then use the Merge Albums function.

Thanks Dylan. Sounds perfectly logical. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Thanks Dylan. It worked! Thanks for the idea. I owe you a pint! Regards, Terry

Hi @Terry_Siederer — I’m glad that worked for you! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

Well yes. As Roon wakes up my TV when I start listening, I’d like Roon to put it back to standby again when I’ve finished i.e. after the “roon” text disappears from the screen. Don’t think I’ll get anywhere as Roon would say that’s how the TV works.
All the best! /Terry

Actually on a more serious note connected with my original question, I believe in learning by doing. If I merge different versions of the same albums together e.g. mono, stereo, hd, remastered, special editions with extra tracks but I don’t like the result, how can I undo what I’ve done?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.