Merging Technologies NADAC PLAYER issue with Roon 1.7 and Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

Hi - after upgrading the Roon core (NADAC PLAYER) to 1.7 my Roon core keeps losing connection with my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge vía WiFi. I have restarted the core, reset my LAN switch and WiFi and the issue persists, help please!

R

Here some pictures of the issue, at 9:20 pm EST the Mytek is communicating with the NADAC and Roon sees it:

Then, around 9:24 pm EST the Mytek is not longer seen, and I got an “unexpected error message in Roon”:

I had this setup for over six months and it worked great with Roon 1.6; after the update something is preventing Roon for keeping good strong WiFi connection with my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge.

Thanks,
R

Hello @Ruben_Ortiz,

What firmware are you running on the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge? The latest firmware available is V3.7.48.

-John

Hi - I just updated the firmware to the latest version available at Mytek webpage: 1.20; not sure from where you could get the version you have listed in your post. The issue still happening: after initial recognition of the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge via WiFi, Roon plays on the device for about 2 minutes and then the Mytek gets lost from the available zones in Roon… I am using Roon for playing on other WiFi zones, like my B&O Beoplay via AirPlay with no issues. Help please!

Hello @Ruben_Ortiz,

I apologize for the lack of clarity in my previous response.

The firmware I was referring to is the “Network” firmware, not the Mytek mainboard firmware.

To update the “Network” firmware on the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, scroll to the “Device / Info” option on the screen, hit the corresponding button to enter the screen, and then press one of the buttons on the side of the screen that says “Update”.

This should download network firmware V3.7.48.

-John

Hi - thanks for the extended info. I can’t get to update the network module in my Mytek, see screenshots below:

Even when I select the “Device Setup” option, I’m unable to get to update the network module, see:

Am I missing something?

Best,
R

I would have expected that the steps @john so kindly provided have to be performed on the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge and not in Roon.

1 Like

Just realized that… Firmware updated and network module as well… will do some test and revert… thanks!

1 Like

@john Thanks, the network module update did the trick!

Hello @Ruben_Ortiz,

Glad to hear it. We’re here if you run into any new issues. Enjoy the music :headphones:

-John

A post was split to a new topic: Mytek Bridge disconnects

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.