Meridian Comms Support

Actually, better, because Roon allows you to switch your zones into standby from the app. Finally!

3 Likes

At last!! :smiley:

Any chance of Meridian source selection as well?

Currently Sooloos playback switches the source if I’m not currently in one of the two defined sources, it would be nice to switch between them.

(I have an MS200 split into two sources currently - one via a 568.2 for multi-channel audio (Trifield) and another source setup for direct (input 2) into the Front Left/Right DSP5000’s - being able to switch between these from the interface without an MSR or using the AC200 would be nice)

Currently Sooloos playback switches the source if I’m not currently in one of the two defined sources, it would be nice to switch between them.

Unfortunately, this requires hardware-level support from Meridian. It’s not something that we can add within the confines of the current protocol for speaking to these devices. I’ll make sure this feedback gets to them.

I can telnet into the MS200 (standard telnet port) and type ‘msr DVD’ or ‘msr LP’ or ‘source 1’ / ’ source 8’ to switch, I hoped there was a way that it could be integrated into the interface.

It seems so simple, right?

This is what’s stopping us from moving forward with that proposal:

1. That telnet debug interface is not supported on every Meridian endpoint–only the MS200, MS600, ID40, and ID41, and retro-actively replicating it on other hardware is a non-starter. We need something that works across the board.

2. Debug interfaces are not versioned or generally something we can trust as stable protocol. We really need to build on top of something sanctioned that is for this purpose.

3. Even with the debug interface, we don’t have a way to enumerate the available/configured sources in the system–this basically prevents us from doing a good job on the user experience.

In short, we’re not opposed to doing good Meridian source switching support–but we’re going to need their help to get there.

Pity - the functionality is almost there, but not quite.

You missed:

1. Only one control connection can be simultaneously established, the next session connects but does not actually function. (At least on the two MS200’s I have)

Thanks for the response though.

Ah yes. Forgot that one :smile:

OMG! Switch off a zone, finally! :smiley:

I was very nicely surprised by that power button!