Meridian Devices dropping on and off the network quickly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Statement (Roon Version No. 1.6 / Roon Build No. 416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Draytek Vigor Router, all Meridian and Statement running wired)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Meridian 818 , Meridian MS200,

My Meridian units drop on and off the Roon system rapidly every few days, Then go back to working steadily. I have a video of this happening but can’t upload as it’s a .MOV file…

Thanks Brendan

Hi @Brendan_O_brien,

Are there any other networking devices involved here (switches, powerline adapters, etc.)?

When Roon is unable to see these devices are you able to access them outside of Roon?

Yes there are a number of 19" rack mounted switches switches in the network. There are no powerline adapters.

I was able to access their config pages through IP addresses in Safari. They come and go so quickly though that I am not sure if when they are off the Roon system if they can be accessed to be honest.

They appear to switch between the enabled and disabled section on Roon rather than completely disappearing from view in Roon.

Hi @Brendan_O_brien,

What kind of switches are in use here? Are they managed? What is the exact network chain for the Core + these devices?

Have you noticed any patterns in when this is happening? Is playback occurring? Does it happen for any specific content?

A post was split to a new topic: Receiving “TIDAL is loading slowly” messages

Not sure about brand of switches… all are unmanaged.

The Meridian 808 chain is as follows… Draytek Router - Switch - Innuos Statement - 808 running from Player Port on 808.

The MS200 chain is as follows… Draytek Router - Switch - Switch - MS200

The behaviour is random and comes and goes but is getting worse recently.

All of the Sonos devices on the same network are rock solid in the Roon environment.

A post was split to a new topic: Problem with Meridian endpoints

Hi @Brendan_O_brien,

If you play to these devices outside of Roon do you experience any similar issues with the devices becoming unavailable briefly?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.