Meridian Explorer Not "Recognized" with Core

@support

I connected a Meridian Explorer (v1) to a Mac Mini running Roon Server (Core).

Playback is fine (controlled via Roon on a laptop) but this DAC’s icon and branding are absent.

When same DAC is connected to another Mac Mini running Bridge or to laptop running Roon, the DAC’s icon/branding appears.

Note: I have a Meridian Explorer² also running (connected to Bridge). Both DAC’s icon/branding are present EXCEPT when one is connected to Server.

Is this a bug or am I really using Server in a way that it should not be used?

Mac Mini (running Server):

Late 2012
8 GB RAM
Version 1.5 (build 360)

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

Can you please post a screenshot of your Device Setup page for the Meridian Explorer from your Mac Mini Roon Server? Is the Meridian Explorer being properly Identified on that page? The Device Setup page should look something like this:

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

Can you please post the device setup screenshots for the Meridian Explorer (v1)? The one that is currently not showing up with the artwork? I believe you accidentally posted the device setup for the Meridian Explorer v2 which shows up as expected.

Thanks,
Noris

This issue seems to be intermittent. I disabled the DAC, restarted Core and re-enabled the Explorer 2 and it’s now appearing with branding and the DAC’s icon.

This issue can be closed.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know @Thomas_Becker. I will set this issue as resolved but if you need more assistance regarding this topic just let me know.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@support

The issue about which I created a new topic a few weeks ago is occurring more and more.

I have disabled/enabled the Meridian Explorer, power cycled both the Core, Bridge (to which Explorer is connected) and remotes but the Meridian seems to be considered a generic DAC.

Core
Mac Mini (Late 2012)
8 GB RAM
Version 1.5 (build 363)

Bridge
Mac Mini (Late 2012)
4 GB RAM
Version 1 (build 167)

Any update on this issue?

If there’s no resolution, I recommend removing the Meridian Explorer from the Partner Devices Matrix.

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. I kindly ask for you to note the next time that you notice this issue and let me know the exact local time in your country that it occurs (ex.6:18PM) and then I will cross-reference the diagnostics for any issues in Roon around that time.

Thanks,
Noris

1 December, 16:02 Pacific Time, U.S.A.

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

I can confirm that we have received your machine’s diagnostics and I have asked the QA team to take a look at what could be going on here. I will be sure to let you know once I have received their feedback and update you accordingly.

Thanks,
Noris

I forgot to include that this issue never occurred until the most recent two software versions; the Meridian Explorer and a Meridian Explorer 2 both showed as banded icons/logos/user guide availability.

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

Thanks for letting me know. I have spoken to the team regarding this issue and we would like to confirm if the same issue still exists if you perform a manual identification of the Meridian Explorer. Please use this .GIF as a guide (would be identifying the Meridian Explorer and not the Dragonfly though) and let me know if it works:

Thanks,
Noris

Manually identifying the DAC worked; I should have looked closer for the link and workflow for doing this.

I restarted Core and Bridge and, afterward, the DAC is still identified.

Any chance we can leave this open for a day or two in case it’s temporary?

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

Glad to hear it worked! I will be setting a 2-day time on this thread to auto-close so if any other issues pop up in the meantime, feel free to let me know here.

Thanks!
– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.