Meta Data Recording Date not editable [Fixed in latest update]

Since the last update to 1.8 (build 923), I can no longer edit the recording date (both start and end date) when selecting multiple tracks.
This still works for a single track and also for an album.
Probably my question is banal, unfortunately I don’t know the answer.

kindest regards

4 Likes

@support
I do have the same problem that @Axel_Schmitz-Tewes describes. Editing a recording date track by track individually works, however, changing or adding recording dates for multiple tracks all at once is no longer possible after the most recent software update, which is too bad!

Thanks for any help on this!

I have the same issue when selecting multiple albums, it’s not just recording date it’s release date and original release date. It works for an individual album.

Hey @Axel_Schmitz-Tewes ,

Thanks for the report. You should be able to edit the recording date for multiple tracks in the way you’re attempting. I’ve spoken with QA and this appears to be an unintended regression caused by recent changes in the most recent build. We’re putting in a ticket to get this corrected.

3 Likes

Hi @jamie

Thanks for your reply. I will wait until the next update.

Kindest regards

Strangely it appears you can with iOS but not windows or android.

Well It appears I’m talking out of my backside. Disregard my last post I must have imagined it.

I am also seeing this problem - running 1.8 build 923 on Macbook running MacOS 12.3.1.

Build 933 today and this remains unresolved :frowning:

And no better after build 935. Please.

@SUPPORT
A few updates later nothing has changed - please change this feature back. THANKS

1 Like

Still not working!

1 Like

Hello gang,

A fix for this is in process, we don’t have a release date scheduled yet, however. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thanks!

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Windows11, i7 laptop

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Combination Ethernet RJ45 and GoogleNest Wifi, Netgear GS108 switch

Connected Audio Devices

Buchardt A500

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I cannot set the recording start/end dates in the tracks editor. I am pretty sure I used to be able to do this. I find this particularly useful with live historical recordings on niche Classical labels that roon cannot identify but the performance location/date is available on the artwork.

Edit: After experimenting I can however pass these dates through my own tags as RECORDINGSTARTDATE and RECORDINGENDDATE, but now there are other confusions.

The roon editor is using YYYY.MM.DD but roon will not recognise that date format in my own tags. Instead after experimenting it seems to expect DD.MM.YYYY if I pass the dates through my own tags. Why this inconsistency?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Axel_Schmitz-Tewes and other chaps,

I just wanted to update you that a fix for this was included in our latest build. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait. :+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.