Metadata and connection issues with remotes (Solved)

I just wanted to share my experience, maybe someone will benefit. I had continuous issues with my 2 remotes, an Android phone and an Android Tablet. The cable-connected PC had no problems whatsoever. My phone worked, but was never loading the metadata while my tablet worked only after I restart the Roon server and only for a day, metadata was never loading too. I have installed and re-installed the roon app multiple times, played with the router settings,but didnt work. Anyway, long story short, it was time to replace my aging Cisco-Linksys E4200 router (with a Netgear XR300) and voilla…everything works perfect! in fact, it’s the first time since a year now that i see Roon in its full glory on a tablet as remote.


Yep. Many connection issues on the forum, I think, are really router issues. Those issues can be strange and even inconsistent between different endpoints.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.