Metadata errors for 2 weeks

Same issue here since about 2 weeks. Am running latest versions of roon on core and all clients. Restarting core and client seems to solve te problem only temporary. Sometimes searches do not give any reply, and system keeps searching.
I found reports of similar issues here that go back some 6 months ago. Problem is not new, but no solution so far?

Hi @Marco_Demon

Typically these types of error messages occur because your Core machine is having trouble communicating with our servers.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hello Dylan,

Thank you for your reply. I have been using Roon, after a free trail period, since November last year, so I am relatively “new”. The first time I encountered the “red dot” at the menu button on my remote (Android phone), indicating the issue, was about two weeks ago. The problem is not present all the time but occurs now end then and seems random. Sometimes there are no Roon functions interrupted or slowed down noticeably, although Roon is indicating metadata update issues. And sometimes searches do not give results while the system keeps searching until the request is cancelled.

Setup description:
Core: Synology DS220+ , CPU Intel Celeron J4025, 6GB RAM, DSM version 6.2.4-25556, Roon version 1.8 (build 790).
Remote: OnePlus 8, Android 11 (Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5.IN21BA), Roon version 1.8 (buid 790).
Network: Fritz!Box 7490 router FRITZ!OS: 07.21, English Electric 8Switch, Linksys LGS108 switch, all cable connections.
Audio: Several Raspberry Pi based streaming devices (2B and 3B) running RopieeeXL (3.094) or Volumio with the latest Roon bridge plugin, NAD C368, Cambridge Audio CXN V1.
Library: Stored on SSD NAS with Roon Core running, Size: about 1200 albums,RoonServer folder on NAS contains 1.21 GB (6442 files in 3581 folders).

Regards, Marco

Hey @Marco_Demon,

Thanks for replying right away and sharing all the details Dylan’s asked for. I’m sorry you haven’t heard back until today…:pleading_face:

Now that Dylan is back, you should hear from him on this thread. Please, bear with us for a little longer :pray: