Metadata: Grouping Songs - Creating Parts

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Processor: Intel Core i7-8559U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71
Storage: HP SSD S700 250GB
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Roon Build Version 1.7Build 555

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet / Wifi Mix Various NETGEAR switches

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Selekt DSM (Katalst)
BlueSound Node2i x 3
BlueSound PowerNode2i x 2

Description Of Issue

Hello, no real problem here, rather an operational question I haven’t been been able to figure out in regards to metadata - Because I listen to a lot of shuffled music, I’d like to be able to group certain tracks together - for example, Frank Zappa’s Apostrophe album: Even during a shuffle, a listener would always want to hear those first 4 songs together , as they are sort of a suite - Yes, they are separate songs, but you really wouldn’t listen to them separately …

I see a possible solution occasionally when listening to Classical music, with the ‘part’ tab. Even during a shuffle, those 4 ‘parts’ or songs, would play together… So the question would be how does one group a selection of songs and assign them a part? Or is there some other solution ?
thank you!!

Example1

Hi @Peter_Gallagher,

You could use WORK/PART tags to create a composition including these tracks.

Thanks Dylan - I’m still a little fuzzy of what can be created / edited within ROON, and what needs to be accomplished with some sort of tagging software - Is the ability to group or edit WORK/PART tags available with ROON or does the creation of a grouping need to occur outside of ROON?
thanks!

edit: I got a tag editor and created work / part tags - that did the trick - thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.