Metadata Improve Install halted? [Resolved - reboot]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Hardware
Nucleus
Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Running 6 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes, 51 seconds.

Roon Labs Software
OK
Version 1.0 (build 12) stable.
Running 6 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes, 53 seconds.

Roon Server Software
OK
Version 1.7 (build 610) stable
Running 6 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes, 42 seconds.

Roon Database & Settings
56% of 55 GB available.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Internet: Comcast business
Router: Technicolor Device Type BWG, Model DPC3941B
Network: Linksys Velop Mesh Network
Roon connected to network through ethernet to a TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch | Ethernet Splitter | Sturdy Metal w/Shielded Ports |Plug-and-Play | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged (TL-SG108)
QNAP is also connected to the Network Switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound Node 2is

Description Of Issue
On my mac desktop App for Roon, there is a red triangle with an exclamation point in it. When I click on it I get the message "Metadata Improver: Halted: Roon needs a software update.

The UI seems ok, but it won’t let me search TIDAL. But when I shuffle and play playlists, it does use TIDAL.

Hello @Richard_Guth, and thanks for your report! We’ve seen this message in the past, and in the majority of cases, the message is resolved by a reboot. Could you please reboot the mac and let me know if the message returns? Thanks!

@nuwriy,

It did not work the first time I did it, but I reboot my laptop three times, reboot the nucleus twice, and deleted and reinstalled the desktop app, and it is now working! I was getting the same message on my mobile devices, but this seems to have resolved it.

Thanks!

So glad I did not try to troubleshoot myself! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @Richard_Guth, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if the message returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.