Metadata improver always wanted to be updated

Hi Roon users! I have a message from the Roon software which I do not understand. It is trying to add music to the Library. But there is also a (!) message that “Metadata Improver: Halted Roon needs a software update. I have recently updated.
Roon Core is installed on a QNAP 473e and it is on the newest version

Version : 1.7 (build 667) stable
QPKG-Version : 2020-07-15
Prozess ID : 30766

What do i have to do ?
Best regards mike

1 Like

I’ve had that a couple of times in recent months. Each time a reboot of the core resolved the issue.

Michael

Hi @Michael_Gaab,

If you reboot the QNAP is there any change? If not, can you provide some details on your network setup?

Thanks!

Hi,
thank you for your answering. Yes, if i reboot the Qnap the message is no longer on the screen. I don´t know why, but it seems to be the solution.
Best regards mike

Hello @Michael_Gaab, could you please provide some information on your network setup, including your router model number and how the core connects? We’ve seen most users resolved by a reboot, so if that isn’t working we’d like to understand what might make your setup different. Thanks!

Hi,
thank you for your response.
Network router : AVM Fritzbox 6490.
Roon Control : PC with Windows 10
Roon Core : QNAP 473e
Roon Endpoint: SOTM SMS 200 , ARIES Mini

Is this enough information ?

Best regards
mike

Hello @Michael_Gaab, thanks for the information! Next time you receive the metadata improver message, could you please reply here with a timestamp (in your local time) so I can enable diagnostics for your account? Thanks!