Metadata Improver Error - Help

Hello Nuwriy,

please give me a answer.

Thanks

Hello @Rainer_Schittko, thanks for your continued patience. I met with the QA team today to discuss this issue. They have an ongoing investigation about this issue and are meeting with our senior development team to discuss next steps. I’ll e sure to keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

Hi Nuwriy,

I installed the Software version 555 and today the newest one. The Problem is alsmost the
same.
Please give me a support. Look for the long time of my problem.

Regards

Rainer

Hello @Rainer_Schittko,
My apologies that you’re still experiencing the metadata improver message in Roon. We’ve received several reports pertaining to this message, most of which have been resolved by rebooting the Core machine. With that being said, the consistent appearance of this error for you is something we aren’t seeing from other users.

Since what you’re seeing isn’t the same as what others have reported, our next step here is to find out what makes your setup unique. With this in mind, I think that trying a different core temporarily to verify whether or not the core is the common factor here is the best next step.

Alternatively, we can also try using a hotspot or USB tethering with the current Core.This would allow us to test a different network with your core to see if the issue stems from there.

If you would kindly attempt these tests I believe we would have more information pertaining to the source of your issue which would help us get next steps closer to a resolution. Thanks!

Hello Nuwriy

for a long time Roon works Perfect.
But at the last days I have the following Problems.
Songs from TIDAL are playable. But I cannot see my favorites an the newest Albums etc. in TIDAL. If I tear down the Server and then running up it is workable.

Software are the newest Stand
Hardware: Antipodes EX newest Stand.

Need your Support

Regards Rainer

Sorry devices IPad Pro newest software

Have you a solution for me?

Regards

14 Days with no answer is a long time. I need your support.

Regards. Rainer

Paging @support for you - I see that Nuwriy is no longer in the Support team.

@Geoff_Coupe thanks for being on top of this and tagging support. Indeed, Nuwriy is no longer on the team, so this is extremely helpful.

While our technical team gets a chance to take a look, @Rainer_Schittko can you please try the following:

• navigate to Settings → Services and log out of TIDAL
  • reboot your Core
  • log back into TIDAL in Settings → Services

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hello Rebekka,

It is not workable.

If I started roon I see this picture

Tidal is connectet

If I restarted the roon core over the interfaces of my antipodes ex allways is o.k.

Please give me a solution.

Regards Rainer

Hello Rebeka,

have you a solution?

Regards

Hi @Rainer_Schittko

This type of error is almost always tied to networking troubles preventing Roon from being able to communicate properly with our servers. If possible, can you try to set your router to use Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS? Often times that can help with this type of issue.

If you’re still seeing issues after making that change and rebooting your Core, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Thanks!

Hello Dylan

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately, the bug still persists. I am assuming that it is not due to my network. The error only occurred after updating to the latest Roon Software Core. What is to be done with further?

When I start the Roon software by the app, it connects to Tidal and I can see my titles, for example. If I click the Tidal button, it shows me a link problem. New albums are not displayed.

Regards

Rainer

Hello @Rainer_Schittko ,

I was looking over your thread and noticed you have a powerline adapter and that you are using mutliple switches in your setup:

Have you verified if the issues persist when you bypass the Develo and the Netgear switches and connect the Antipodes directly to the router with nothing else in between?

This looks like it could be a networking issue and simplifying the network would be a good next step here, please see Networking Best Practices Guide:

Ethernet Over Power (EoP)

The quality of Ethernet Over Power solutions varies quite a bit, and generally it will be less reliable than Ethernet. There are times it can work well, but if you’re having a problem and powerline ethernet is involved, we recommend temporarily replacing the ethernet over power connection with a real ethernet cable to see if things improve.

Hello Noris,

I have now checked all parameters that can be influenced by me.
All devices are up to date with the latest software.
The Antipodes EX has been completely redesigned. The Roon core too.
All apps have been reinstalled.
The access to Tidal has been redeployed.
The Antipodes was connected directly to the Fritzbox.
The Antipodes was operated on a different network.
The bug is still there.
when I open Roon and go under the Tidal item, it doesn’t show me the news etc.
I start Roon Server via the Antipodes web interface then it works.
You can check the Server by your own Tools.
Urgently ask for a remedy. I think it is a lot time to find a solution.

Regards

Rainer

Hello Noris,

please give me a answer

Regards

A post was split to a new topic: “Error loading the page. Check your network connection” when starting Qobuz

Hello @Rainer_Schittko ,

Can you please verify if the same issue occurs when using another Core or only when using the Antipodes as the Roon Core? You can switch between Roon Cores by using the following instructions:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings → General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

If the issue only occurs with the Antipodes Core, you may also want to reach out to Antipodes support to inquire if there are any networking issues visible on their end for your Core.