Metadata Improver Error: Mac Mini

I have the same problem for quite some time now. I am running Roon 1.7 (build 555) on a Mac mini with macOS 10.14.6, the library is kept in sync with iTunes.
Every time I add files to iTunes, they are shown in Roon and Roon can play them, but there is this wheel spinning on top of the Roon main window. If I click on it I get the following dialog:

The wheel is spinning for days now. Restart of Roon didn’t help. If I add another bunch of songs to iTunes the number of tracks changes (can get higher or lower, not a sum), but nothing else.

Please look at this issue, I’ll be glad to provide any information you need.

Regards
Dirk

Hi @Dirk_Frohling,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out! We are aware of a few similar reports for this issue and the team is currently looking into it.

I will add your report to the investigation, but can you please also let me know what your network setup looks like? What is the model/manufacturer of your router and any additional networking gear? Is the Mac on WiFi or Ethernet?

Hi,

and thanks for the answer.

My Mac is connected to a TP-Link TL-SG108E 8-Port switch and then to a Speedport Smart router from Telekom Germany (Ethernet, obviously).

I deleted the Roon cache in /Users//Library/Roon/Cache and restarted Roon. The spinning wheel and the dialog were still there for a while, but after the cache was rebuilt, they were gone.

I will add some more tracks to my library and see if it returns.

Dirk

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Dirk_Frohling, do let me know if the issue returns.

I updated Roon to build 571 and bought a new album in iTunes. The started Roon again, the wheel spun for a short time and now everything seems to be okay.

So thanks for now :slight_smile:

Dirk

1 Like

@noris Here we are again: I re-ripped one CD and added one iTunes album. Roon noticed it, added the tracks to the library, but the metadata error and the spinning wheel have returned:

The wheel spins for an hour now, restarting Roon didn’t help.

Regards
Dirk

After five days I rebooted the Mac and restarted Roon. It showed the dialog again, but without the software update alert. After about a minute, I got a message that the import is done. Now it is quiet again.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Dirk_Frohling! We’re still looking into this issue on the QA side as well, I don’t believe further info will be necessary at this time, but thanks again for the report and if we need anything else for the investigation, we’ll reach out, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.