Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update - but no!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1. Innuos Zen Mini Mk3 - I get this error when using this Roon Core
  2. Windows 10 - do NOT get this error - I am trying to ditch my old Windows PC and move the Core to the other device

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear switches/Ethernet/Router is Sky Q Hub

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Class A amp RCA from Innuos Zen Mini Mk3

Description Of Issue

Why am I seeing this…?

Roon appears to be up-to-date…

Message will not go away

This is a common bug.
Normally the message disappears when you restart your Roon core. If it still appears, a full reboot of all the hardware / router could be useful, too.

O.

OK, will try that over Christmas. I still have the Core on my PC to fall back on. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Hello @Robert_Borley,

I would try a reboot of RoonServer via your Innuos Web Interface to see if that helps resolve the issue, do let us know how it goes @Robert_Borley and Happy Holidays!

Hi,
Thanks for the tip, but how do I do that?
I know how to reboot my Innuos from the Innuos web interface, but not how to reboot Roon from it. How would I go about that?

Hi Robert, if you reboot the whole unit, that will also reboot Roon. I"m a big fan of shutting it down. Wait for a couple of minutes, and, then turn it on again.

Not having an Innuos I cannot comment on Innuous’ OS options.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Borley,

Did the reboot help resolve this issue? I can’t speak to what options Innuous presents on the Web Interface, but if there is no way to reboot just RoonServer, please try to reboot the entire Core.

I’ve done a few reboots over the past week for other reasons. I haven’t seen this message in a while.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.