"Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update." on Qnap NAS

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS-1277 with QTS 4.4.2.1320 Roon Version 1.7 (build 555) stable)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

PFSense router, WiFi … as access point. Client machine for Roon user interface: Inspiron Dell Inspiron N5110 with Win10.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HQPlayer running on the same N5110 Dell Inspiron see above

Description Of Issue

Every time I start Roon, I see a circulating waiting icon top right. When clicking this icon, I get the following dialog:
“Adding Music To Library: Of 255 tracks, 255 added, 0 identified” - this process does not progress over many days.
“Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update.
A software update is required before your music can be matched up with great cover art, lyrics, artist photos and more.”
I did not use this core in the last 12 months and I switched back to it recently. Previously this setup was used for more than 24 months without any problems.

The library is stored on this Qnap NAS. I also use the Tidal service.

I have no idea if what seemed to clear my issue “Adding Music To Library: Of X tracks, X tracks added, 0 identified” will work for you but this is what might have done it for me. I was told to go into my Netgear Orbi WAN set-up and try increasing the size of MTU to around 1470.

I

Hello @Laszlo_Cser, rebooting has removed the metadata message for many other users. Could you reboot for me and let me know if the message goes away? Thanks!

Hello,
thank you for the hint. Rebooting the core solved the issue.

Hey @Laszlo_Cser, that’s great news! Please let me know if the message returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.