Metadata Improver: “Halted. Roon needs a software update”

I have same problem.
I’ve tried rebooting and restarting but no help.
Here is my setup.

Wifi using Google mesh WiFi connected to COX cable modem.
From Google WiFi puck, I run Ethernet to ROON Core.
ROON Core : Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i9 server with optical output. Running SonicOrbiter OS version 2.7.
Roon Core is connected to ROON endpoint via optical cable.
ROON Endpoint is Sonora Optical Rendu.
Optical Rendition is connected via BlueTooth to Chord Blu Mk2 upsampler. Blu Mk2 is connected to Chord DAVE DAC via BNC cable.

Please help.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I suggest backup your library and reinstall Roon and restore library if needed, this helped fix this issue for me and others.

Hi @Albert_Ong,

Typically we’ve found that this issue stems from something on the Core machine or network that is preventing a connection to our servers. Do you have any firewall or VPN on the network that might interfere with the Core’s ability to reach out servers?

Another good test, if possible, is to run your Roon Core on another machine on the network. Does the same error occur?

Ok, fixed it.
Rebooting and hard power off and on many times did not help.
But I got onto my SonicTransporter OS and turned off ROON Server app and then restarted it again.
This stopped the continous uodating of database and error message about Metadat Improver is gone more importantly, all the Album art can now be displayed.
Phew!.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.