Metadata Improver: Halted Roon needs a software update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac MIni Mid 2011, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 16GB RAM, - Roon 1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Time Capsule, Core on ethernet, some devices on wifi, some on ethernet, same behavior on all

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Apple airplay - airport express X2

Description Of Issue

Recently I got this message when adding tracks to my library. Tried rebuilding, tried removing folders, same behavior. Tried rebooting. same behavior.

While waiting for the experts, one other thing you might try is to logout of Roon and log back in again.

Just downloaded and re-installed Roon. Now library analysis looks normal .No error message. Will report back if successful.

Hello @Justin_Kurtz, and thanks for the report! While most users have been resolved by a reboot of their core, our team is still gathering information about users experiencing this issue. Could you please let me know if you have a VOIP installed, if this is your only core, and who your ISP is? Thanks!

Update - it did work after re-downloading and re-installing. It took a while to reubuild my database. My ISP is Comcast Xfinity in the U.S. No VOIP installed. Yes, this is my only core.

Hey @Justin_Kurtz, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if you see the error again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.