Metadata Improver halted. Roon needs software update. HOW? Running Roon Server on Mac Mini

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Running Roon Server on Mac mini late 2012 running Mojave 14.4.4 i7 w/ 16 GB Ram. Roon tells me to go to Settings/About/ Software update, but option doesn’t present itself. How can I update to most current version of Roon Server via iPad app or on desktop? App tells me I have latest version BUT I cannot dismiss the triangle warning of metadata issue.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet gig connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I connect over both DAC USB and Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Cannot seem to update software to dismiss metadata warning

Close your Roon server and restart Roon core.

Hello @Robert_Furstenberg, and thanks for your report! We have seen issues such as this message be resolved by a reboot for the majority of customers experiencing it. Does a reboot of the core resolve the message?

1 Like

Yes, and thank you. I had to quit Roon Server and it disappeared from the menu at the top of the Mac. I simply went in Applications and restarted it and it performed normally and resolved the issue.
Thanks again!

Always close Roon server before restart Roon core.

1 Like

Will do, and thanks again for the help. I appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.