Metadata Improver Message on QNAP

I’ve been experiencing the exact same issue, including extremely slow adding of tidal album to library. Re-boots of my Core did not help. I have tried “refreshing” the Roon app on my QNAP Core - which will alleviate the error for a few days, more or less, but it continues to return. Any other ideas?

Hello @Richard_Ducci, and welcome to the community! Usually this message is resolved by a reboot of the core, however we have seen persisting reports of this message showing up which ultimately were resolved by troubleshooting the user’s network.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi Richard! For me I just restarted roon server and it corrected the problem. If it reoccurs, I will restart the roon server. This fixes the issue for me. Hope you figure it out!

Cheers!

Thank you both! I’ve re-started my Core several times - it will temporarily solve the issue, but it’s come back each time after a few days. Here is the info. on my current setup.

Core is Roon Version 1.7 (build 571) running on my QNAP Model TVS-682 NAS. CPU is Intel Core i3-6100@3.70 GHz. Firmware version is 4.3.4.0483 Build 20180213. Storage is on Twin WD Red Pro 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB NAS Internal HD’s. Roon App and database run on two internal Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III Internal SSDs. QNAP connected to home network and three Meridian endpoints all via hard-wire.

Various Remotes - mostly iPads and iPhones - all running Roon Version 1.7 (build 571) and up to date iOS.

Library consists of approximately 110,000 songs. Approximately 1.6TB is stored locally. Subscriptions to both Tiday and Qobuz.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello @Richard_Ducci, as a test, could you please try to reproduce this issue on a different core?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Install the Roon app on the other PC
  • If you have an existing installation go Roon Settings -> General -> Disconnect
  • On the Choose your Core screen, select “Use this PC”
  • Do not restore your old database yet
  • Verify if the same issue is occurring on the other PC

I have two other Roon Cores - one on a QNAP, one on a PC - and do not get the error on either of those.

Hello @Richard_Ducci, so you have two QNAP’s and a PC? Is there a difference in how the two QNAP’s are connected since only one of them reproduces the issue?

Yes, one QNAP in each house I have and PC in my workplace. QNAPs are similarly connected an running most current versions - but only get the error on one described herein.

Hello @Richard_Ducci, any change with updating to 610? Also, to clarify, is the PC in this setup also a core or is it just the control? You can check out the difference here.

The PC based system is used at my work place and the PC is used both as a core and for control.

I’ve updated all 3 systems to build 610 and am going to monitor to see if I continue to get the error or not. So far, so good. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.