Metadata Improver Paused 2.0

Hi

I am still getting this message below in response to the rotating purple wheel next to the ‘Add Bookmark’ icon in the top right hand side of the interface. Tends to go away when I reboot the Nucleus, but it’s a bit of a pain having to do that regularly. Can you advise please?

Regards

Alan

There is a guide available for that:

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for this. Before I start messing around with settings I’d still like someone from Roon to explain to me why I never got these Metadata messages pre 2.0, but now get them frequently. My knowledge is very basic re technical issues, so I don’t want to make changes unless it is absolutely necessary.

A

Because you’re seeing this frequently, it likely means that your Core machine or network is having trouble communicating with Roon’s servers.

If you’d like Roon support to respond, please complete the #support template below. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VP-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

Hi

Unless I’m mistaken, I think I have provided all of the information you suggest in my previous posts.

As of yet, no one has been able to offer an opinion as to why every aspect of my Roon experience was working flawlessly up until - yup, you’ve guessed it - Roon 2.0 was unleashed. Just a coincidence?

A

I get the metadata paused every once in a while when switching from one core to another core. I just shut down my Roon control app and start back up and it usually goes away. If not, I reboot the core.

This is not an issue due to Roon 2.0.

Your evidence for this being?

I’ve had it happen over the three years I’ve used Roon.

Most likely yes. The frequency of reports hasn’t changed since the release of Roon 2.0.

1 Like

Hi

As previously mentioned, my set up is as follows:

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus RT-AC86U Router with ethernet connection to Nucleus
Mac, iPad and iPhone used as Roon remotes over WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Selekt DSM with ethernet connection

Number of Tracks in Library

28,000 tracks

In response to your first post, I have already contacted Roon Support on this issue:

The speed of response times are glacial as ever.

I am not very tech savvy, so before I consider changing the DNS my network uses, it would be helpful if another Roon user could advise on the best choice to make in this regard, given the set up I am using. If anyone could give me a pointer or two and highlight the pros and cons it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Alan

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.