Metadata Improver Paused on Antipodes K50

I have the same issue. My setup is
Roon Core installed on Antipodes K50 server/player Antipodes K50 - Antipodes Audio
Music library installed on SSD card in K50 - 4082 tracks
K50 also connected to router via ethernet cable
Streaming service - Tidal
K50 set to Roon Server / Roon Player
K50 running Antipodes software version AMSv3.12
K50 running Roon Core V1.8 (build 898)
Roon app running on Samsung S7 Tablet. Roon version V1.8 (build 898)

The K50 is connected to an Accuphase DP570 SACD/DAC via S/PDIF.
The SACD/DAC is connected to an Accuphase E800 integrated amp via balanced analog.

The error is usually a rotating symbol in the top right corner of the tablet, to the left of the Tags symbol. Sometimes it is a red triangle warning sign in the same place. Tapping it in either case displays a screen saying Adding Music to library: of 24 tracks, 24 added, 0 identified and a blue progress bar approximately 3/4 complete. Below that is a red exclamation mark in a circle and the message: Metadata Improver: Paused Roon is having trouble verifying your connection with our servers, so metadata improvement has been paused. Check your internet connection…

My internet connection is fine. I can operate Roon, playing music from either my library or Tidal.

Note, exact same issue running Roon app on my phone - Samsung Galaxy S9.

Couple of tricks to try here.

Sign out of Tidal inside of Roon.
Shut down the Roon Core.
Restart the Roon Core.
Once stable resign into Tidal inside of Roon again.

Give it a try.

1 Like

Thanks @AceRimmer. No joy. The icon changed to red exclamation mark in a triangle and the message when I tap it is Adding Music to Library: Complete, but the Metadata error message is the same i.e. Paused - cannot connect to Roon servers.

Could be a firewall issue, there have been cases where a firewall has allowed part of Roon to communicate but not all and the metadata was one of those areas.

Reboot of modem/router might help as another quick test though.

Actually, when I reconnect to Tidal within Roon, I’m back to the revolving circle and the Adding Music to library: 24 of 24 added, 0 identified.

Is there possibly a problem with the 25th track on Tidal, whatever that is?

I rebooted the modem and router already, thanks.

How long has this been going on?
There are also some reports of general Tidal problems ATM too.

It’s been doing this since I started with Roon, in October 2021.

Ahh, long term then.

Might have to wait for @support in that case, they may want to take a look at the logs to see if anything jumps out.

Thanks for trying.

I’m going to split it out to its own thread, that way support can work on your case on its own.

You could also try clearing the Roon cache using the AMS panel.

I’ve had this issue. A restart of roon core on my K30 fixes the problem.

1 Like

Same here, which is why it was one of the first suggestions but apparently no dice in this instance.

Sorry. Speed reading.

1 Like

Tried clearing the cache. Still no joy.

Running out of ideas here.
Only one I have left is to try from AMS panel, “Reinstall Roon Server”

1 Like

Hey @Dean_Johnson just wanted to check in and see how things were going on your end?

With this Metadata Improver error, we actually have a Help Center article in our Knowledge Base that could be helpful to you. You can find it here: Metadata Improver Error

What I would suggest next is changing the DNS. We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Some additional suggestions include:

• Reinstalling so that you’re running the most recent version of Roon
  • Disable IPv6 on your router and Core
  • Remove any managed switches, WIFI repeaters, or powerline adapters from your setup

Many thanks. In the end I restarted (not reinstalled) Roon Core on the K50 Server and that seems to have solved the problem.

2 Likes

I thought you had already tried a Core restart very early on?
Oh well never mind, you are up and running again now and that’s all that matters in the end!
Enjoy your music!