Metadata improver problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

2017 iMac running Catalina

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Xfinity Modem/router, connected to both iMac and NAD C658 DAC with Cat 7 ethernet cable.

NAD C658 DAC, connected to router withCat 7 ethernet cable

I have been running Roon for several months. Out of the blue, two days ago I started getting the “Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update” message. Both Roon and Catalina are fully updated.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Try a roon reboot – that fixed it for me when I had the same issue.

Thank you! How does one reboot Roon?

It’s not rebooting but restarting the Roon app on your iMac where you run the core. If you wish, you can reboot the iMac instead to the same effect.

@Andreas_Philipp1 is right. Should have been clearer in my message. Sorry.

Thanks. I’ve closed and re-opened Roon multiple times and it has not helped. I’ve also restarted the computer multiple times, to no avail.

Hmm. That is the approach that is supposed to fix it.

Here’s another person with a similar problem: Album Identifying issue

Copying @dylan and @nuwriy who have been helping him. Hope they can help you.

Thank you, Craig.

Hi @Frank_Angelini,

Sorry for the trouble here!

Can you try to reboot your router and then your Core machine again? Is there any change after a network reboot? Normally this error indicates that there is a problem connecting to our servers, so a network reboot could help.

Thanks!

Thank you. I just did so, and continued to have difficulty.

And then it dawned on me: perhaps this is a Comcast issue! I powered up my Verizon cellular hotspot and used it to connect my iMac to the Internet. What do you know? The issue with the Metadata Improver vanished.

I shall give Comcast a call right now. Thanks to everyone who offered their assistance!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.