Metadata improver update - not updating

Same error for me here this evening (and have seen it previously too). Only the one core in operation (Fedora Linux), no voip, a Ubiquiti air router. ISP is complicated (it’s a rural community Ubiquiti wireless network with backhaul from BT Openreach FTTC or FTP connections).

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Carl,
No problem and thanks for the support clarification. This issue is not creating a problem for me in using Roon so I don’t need a response, I was just adding to the report of the ‘Metadata improver. Roon needs a software update’ error that I am also getting occasionally.

Hello @EricJ, did a reboot resolve your issue too? As I said on the other thread, I’d like to gather the following information for our QA team.

1. Is this your only core?
  2. Do you have VOIP installed anywhere?
  3. Can you tell me the model of your router?
  4. Can you tell me who your ISP is?

@nuwriy, yes the metadata update warning has gone for now after switching the core off (it’s off when I’m not using it). I have had the warning previously as well.
only the 1 core (fedora linux)
no voip
Ubiquiti AirRouter
ISP is a local community wisp (Microtik + Ubiquiti hardware) with backhaul from BTOpenreach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.