"Metadata Improver warning"; "adding music to library" with animating circle that won't go away;

The circle is continually circling in the top right of the library and if I click on the circle I see the warning as on the screen grab below, which says “adding music to library” and then below that “Metatdata improver warning”. If I add a Qobuz album to my library there is no artwork shown.

I have rebooted the roon core and this is not going away and has been there for 2 days now.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Screen grab attached of system details

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet link from router to roon core and then to hifi. Access to interface via ipad and windows tablet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ethernet from roon core to hifi. wifi link from interface on ipad and windows laptop.

Please could someone help me on this problem - I have tried everything I can think of. Appreciate any help you can give me.

Hi Peter,

You mentioned rebooting, which is what normally corrects this issue based on other threads. Did you turn the power off, wait to a 10 count, and then turn the power back on? Or more of a restart of the RoonServer via the Web Interface?

If a full shutdown and restart of the machine doens’ work, you might try clearing the Roon cache. First, shut down any attached clients.

From the Web UI on the ROCK server, stop RoonServer. Then go to the \\rock\Data\RoonServer directory and rename the Cache directory to Cache_old. Then restart the RoonServer. Once it is restarted and you see the Cache directory rebuilt, then try logging on with the client.

1 Like

Hello @Duckworp, Rugby has the right idea here. Let us know if rebooting in this manner resolves the issue.

@Rugby you are a star! Turning the power off and on did not help but renaming the old cache worked! Thank you so much.

Glad it worked out. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.