Metadata is not updating when I add music to my library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel ® Core ™ i7-4790S CPU @ 320 GHz
Roon Version 1.7 (build 710) stable build 64 bit operating system

The remote is an iPad 6th generation, running 13.5.1 software. The Roon version is 1,7 (build 610) stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky hub (latest version). My computer running Roon is connected directly into the router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Core is connected to a DCS Rossini DAC via the ethernet connection. The Rossini connects to an integrated amplifier, which connects to the loudspeakers.

Description Of Issue

I have recently added 3 albums from Tidal to my music library using the iPad. At the top right hand side of the iPad, next to the “Bookmark” icon, a circle is “going round and round”. When I click on this, a new box appears, with a message about adding music to the library.

The message reads:

“Of 71 tracks, 71 added, 0 identified”
“!” “Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update.”
“A software update is required before your music can be matched upwith great cover art, lyrics, artist photos and more.”

In the settings, the Roon Core seems to have the latest version installed. I think the latest two updates did not apply to the iPad.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Mark Newboult.

If you haven’t already done so, try rebooting the core machine, which often fixes problems like yours. Otherwise, support will address.

Yep that metadata improver error is a funny , probably a bug, it’s normally a dodgy internet connection.

restart the whole system if you can

Shut everything down
power down the router wait 30 sec, power up.
Wait til internet is connected , all lights on
Then reboot the core Pc starting Roon

Usually works

I have rebooted the Roon Core, and the metadata has been updated. Many thanks for the replies and the advice. I will know what to do if it happens again. Please close this topic.

1 Like