Metadata label for LP rips?

I’ve just started ripping a few LPs and expect to continue over the coming months. It makes sense, I think, to label these as LP rips. What’s the most appropriate way of doing that?

Put [LP] at the end of the album name.

LP is a full length studio album that can be on CD, Vinyl, laser disc, cassette, 8 track etc etc. EP has slightly more music than a single. I think LP was an acronym for “Long Play”.

If you mean you are needle dropping your vinyl records when you say LP rips, you should probably put [Vinyl] at the end of the album name or something similar that means such.

1 Like

If you put something [in square brackets] at the end of the album name (can’t remember if it’s the directory name or the album tag name), Roon will auto-populate the “Version”. Otherwise, you can simply edit this field manually yourself; and you can do a bulk edit on a field by selecting more than one album at a time.

If it’s in the metadata Roon shows it on the album cover. Very nifty.

If it’s in the metadata Roon shows it on the album cover. Very nifty.<

Just noticed that–but I added it manually to the “version” field; adding it to the album tag didn’t do that. Haven’t tried the directory name.

I have it in the album directory name and the album tag, so you might be right it needs to be in the directory name and Roon uses that first.