Metadata loading slowly (My Library - Artist)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 - latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP Link AC1200 - ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

na

Description Of Issue

Data loading really slowly - Roon logo appearing. Same problem as experienced on 1.8 launch date.

Problem is on Artist Tab - Overview in My Library

Playback is fine and albums can be reached via Album tab in My Library.

I’m assuming it’s a problem with metadata servers again.

Same problem here to.

Same issue here… I am terribly disappointed in the design of the code.
Any unreponded request should time out in a couple of sec’s.
Now all i get is the Artist image and the annoying pulsating Roon-blimp

This problems been happening before 1.8 as a number of users had posted about it including myself . 1.8 it seems to happen way more and to a much larger extent.

1 Like

Yes, same issue for me. The Overview in the Artist page is not loading albums. If I go to Discography, the albums show up right away. But click back to Overview, and I get the Roon logo pulsating.

1 Like

Same here too

I wouldn’t be nearly as frustrated if my local content would show up immediately, which is what i’m looking for in almost every case…

Response time is a bit quicker for me now. I assumed that it would improve, but thought I’d post anyway because, as others are saying, it’s a recurring issue.

Not the end of the world, but nor is anything (well, apart from the end of the world itself!)

Looks like it’s working again for me now.

Working for me too. Hopefully won’t happen again (too often).

Not here in Sweden… Oh, yes, the Artist page is working, now the Home page gives me the same grief.

As in older versions it seems you can work around this issue by disabling your streaming services, which i did last night.
Still very frustrating that your main music playing application os dependant on cloud response for normal usage, even for my substantial locla library. boooh!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.