Metadata not following track changes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus Plus.
QNAP T-251

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Modem>Asus GT-11000AX Router>Trend Network.
TEG-S80g Switch
Netgear Powerline1200.
All ethernet connected

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn SelectDSM.

Description Of Issue
The Metadata images are not following the track changes as can be seen in the attached photo. I have cleared all caches yet it takes several minutes to catch up on my Chromecast.

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

If you use a Web Display do you see the same issue, or is it specific to this Chromecast device?

Specifically chromecast device

Here is another example

And now a minute after this

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

What is the model of the Chromecast, is it a standalone device or a TV built-in Chromecast?

Are you using the Chromecast just as a display zone or do you have audio output on it as well when the issue occurs?

Chromecast Ultra
I use it exclusively as a display zone, it is a standalone

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date you are next in this state and let me know here?

Are you using an Ethernet adapter for the Chromecast? Is it plugged into the powerline adapter or elsewhere?

It’s connected directly to tv HDMI input. The network power line is now completely out of the equation, I now have a direct ethernet connection from the network switch to my endpoint.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

Has there been any improvement with this connection method?

None same results however I will say today it’s working well but it’s usually short lived.
It happened as well before and after direct ethernet.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you experience this issue next with?
I would like to take a look to see what your Roon Core logs are indicating.

1 Like

Today 12/24 @ 11:50am PST
Previous track was Diana Ross Lionel Richie next was the Who. More than a minute before changing.
Thank you

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

I wanted to check in with you to see if this issue is still occurring following your update in the other thread?

If you are still seeing this issue, can you please provide a new example? Thanks!

So far so good
I’m just completely miffed on how a remote can cause any of this. Granted it’s only been 5 days without any issues, time’s going to tell.
I’d appreciate it if you could please explain.
Thank you

So after days of not disconnecting it happened again today at 1312hours Pacific time.

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

Let’s please focus on the metadata issue in this thread and troubleshoot the general dropout in the other thread. If you notice the issue occurring on your display zone again, please let me know this timestamp here, thanks!

Thank you
So far it’s been ok for a couple of weeks. I made some adjustments on my NAS. If the problem persists I will let you know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.