Metal music discussion šŸ¤˜ [2021-01]

Perfect album!!
Plus amazing Aegis:

1 Like

Another Band from Norway: Savn

RoonShareImage-637501035681635940

1 Like

This time from Germany. Dawn of Destiny.

RoonShareImage-637501092572888510

1 Like

Donā€˜t remember if they are from Sweden or Norway.

1 Like

I canā€™t keep up Peter.
The weather is finally nice so dog walking in the sunshine and starting to tidy up the garden.

Saying that I enjoyed Dream Ocean this morning and Savn now. Both nice even if Metal light as can be blasted across the house with no complaints.
I have theatre of tragedy, Dawn of Destiny, Empeyrium and Hysterica in the queue already.

I have a bit of a backlog now and I am back in work on Tuesday. Maybe I need to retire so that I can keep up :joy:

Some very good selections from all thanks

1 Like

Say what?
I thought you were in Walesā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did play Dream Ocean last night too and would agree it is pleasant although a little light.

I played all three of these last night and to my surprise the later album , Pale Communion was my least favourite, it was too lightweight which did shock me somewhat.

Ghost reveries got a big thumbs up!

2 Likes

This is true, after the win in the Rugby over the English last night it was always going to be a beautiful day today :joy: (rain or sun) :+1:t2:

This might be one of those came for the cover and stayed for the growling voice with some good music. Very good :+1:t2:

Yes itā€™s the kind of album to bring people into metal as they have no idea itā€™s even Metal, so maybe a kind of gateway album.

As a big Opeth fan that is nice to hear, Ghost Reveries is excellent album! Heritage and Pale Communion are switch to different direction. So for you, listen albums before Ghost Reveries and also Watershed.

To correct my softy image a little bit: Overklll

RoonShareImage-637501313454078540

My excuse for skipping this is I have a large backlog :grin:
Hysterica good by the way :+1:t2:

1 Like

What I know in the meantime from your musical taste, you probably donā€™t like this one anyway.

BTW Hysterica is a woman only band.

Some background info if you donā€™t mind: The singer Liv Kristine EspenƦs from Theatre of Tradegy sings later in Leavesā€™s Eyes. The singer Carmen Elise EspenƦs from Midnattsol is her sister.

You are right on both counts.
I saw the women on the cover and thought this was the woman only band you referred to a few weeks ago. I am hoping that that throaty voice on some of those tracks is not one of those ladies though :grin:

So only 3 degrees separations between many of these bands.

The growling comes from one of these ladies. :cold_sweat:

Another woman only band, Crucified Barbara. But thats more Rock than Metal.

1 Like

Im not sure if I want to choose to believe that :joy:

1 Like

If you know their names, maybe you do: Marydeath, SatAnica, Hellā€™n, Bitchie and Anni De Vil

While we are on the subject of growling ā€œladiesā€ā€¦

I picked this up dirt cheap on vinyl at our LRS a few months backā€¦

1 Like

That reminds me to America got talents. There was a little girl about 6 years old. in a pink dress. Her brother on the drums. And she was growling like crazy. Nobody believed in the first moment that she was actually doing it.

If Iā€™m not wrong, the lady from Ancient Bards also used to growl. I saw them once life, but Iā€™m not sure if I remember the name correctly.