Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-08]

Yes, a damned good album indeed.

1 Like

This was recently in my recommendations from Bandcamp, and after listening to it I realised that it is from 2002 and not 2021.
More funeral Doom but interesting none the less

3 Likes

Yes, that was their first full length album. It is not as polished as their 3 Requiem albums, Reqiuem: Mezzo Forte and Fortissimo are not in bandcamp and I think they are not in streaming services either. Luckily have them on cd.

1 Like

Lucky you. I have the two available on my Bandcamp wishlist and thanks for letting me know

1 Like

After 3rd listen, I just bought this on Hdtracks
Great recommendation thanks :+1:

1 Like

I will also buy that even if Roon lets me someday add this from Qobuz to my collection.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure in which topic I should post this…
Well now it’s in here :smiling_imp:
Music- and sound-wise it’s really good IMHO.
RoonShareImage-637737346818953262

5 Likes

Love this album - agree a bit difficult to categorize, but I’d go with prog metal so you’re in the right thread :innocent:

1 Like

One for those that like the Rhapsody style of Metal.

4 Likes

Enjoyed this on my first flight this morning.

2 Likes

It’s far too long, since I listened to Rhapsody. Thanks for this reminder!

1 Like

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it :grin:

1 Like

I abandoned them many years ago. Unfortunately there has never been an evolution and they have remained anchored to a “limited” genre like power metal, after almost 30 years of activity still talking about dragons, warriors and swords. Don’t get me wrong: I’m not saying they don’t have to do it anymore or that they have to do it in a jazz way, but when you listen to multiple songs and think they could be interchanged on any of the last 10 albums released, maybe there is a problem …

2 Likes

Dani there is no argument from me.
They all sound the same, but they are fun for a couple of listens. No true investment there, but some free streaming enjoyment for sure.

1 Like

I’m a little late on this one as working my way through a back catalogue.
But liking it

6 Likes

Thanks Mike, will give Virgin Black a listen.

1 Like

Might not be your thing Barry

But new King Buffalo album is out on Friday and I know that is :+1:

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the heads up Mike, love a bit of King Buffalo :grin:

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Metal music discussion :metal: [2021-12]