Metal music discussion 🤘 [2021-11]

Singer from Swallow The Sun is also in band Kuolemanlaakso (death valley). It is a death/doom band from Finland and also their lyrics are in Finnish. For me it is little odd to hear singing in Finnish :slightly_smiling_face: as there are not too many bands here that use it in metal albums. New album will be released in 2022, this is first track released.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Enjoying some late night black metal

4 Likes

Forgot to post this new Black Metal album from Australian band Aquilus. Currently pay what you want on Bandcamp.

4 Likes

Thank you, playing it now and sounds very good and interesting! This has some parts that Akhlys’ latest album came to mind but also lots of softer classical sections.

1 Like

Found this German stoner (with a side of Sludge) Metal album while trawling Bandcamp and I like it.

3 Likes

Here’s a couple of indie releases you may enjoy:

Wrath of Typhon - Kingdom of Fear

Hellfire '76

3 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Interesting debut - varied pace, with some thrashy and melodic bits.

3 Likes

Just good old fashioned power metal European style.
Gotta love the well dated album cover!

2 Likes

1 Like

Not sure if this was shared before. If it was, I am genuinely not sorry - it’s FANTASTISCH! This is easy one of my top 10 albums of this year. Sadly only one track is available on TIDAL. Full album on Qobuz.

If Ronnie, Ozzy and Sabbath had a baby, Book of Numbers would be it!

Just listen to their Sabbath cover to know what I am talking about.

5 Likes

Where did you find this one? Searched Tidal, Qobuz and Bandcamp. No joy.

1 Like

It’s one of my own rips I am afraid.
I have a LOT of rips of albums that are unfortunately not on any streaming service any longer.
I did not realize that was one of them🙄

Listening to their 2012 release. The only one I found available to stream.

Good stuff Kevin! :metal:

1 Like

I did find CD for sale on discogs but I don’t think I would pay that much for it?

Why not if you like it? Unless you’re content with the ripped version. Vinyl is £25 shipped from Greece.

I wish Book of Numbers would be available on vinyl. Can’t stop listening to them.

Just because I would hate to recommend someone spend $15 without hearing it first and then think they had wasted their money.

It’s good IMHO but still…

1 Like