Metatdata Improver Halted - Roon Needs A Software Update message

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC Linux
Build 227

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet from Synology Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB SOtM and ProJect Stream Box

Description Of Issue

The “Metatadata Improver Halted - Roon needs a software update” message comes up whenever I reboot the Rock/NUC and also occassionally after ripping CDs. And a red exclamation mark. I mentioned this before and @Rugby solved the issue by suggesting stopping roon, renaming the cache in the RoonServer directory and restarting. This works, and always works. But I have now done this 35 times as I can see that I have renamed the cache 35 times.
There must be a bug somewhere as this keeps happening after some rips (I rip from a CDR attached to the NUC va the roon ripping software) and always on rebooting.

I will carry on renaming the cache but if anyone knows why this is always happening and has a long-term solution I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata improver error message question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.