Michael bought a turntable and Simon's room issues!

You got your self an RP Mike?

2 Likes

Finally, though only the new cheap IKEA one, but loving it so far. Most of the early 80s vinyl are down from the attic and I have taken over my son’s room now he had gone to university :grin:

Currently enjoying this with the odd tiny little pop

5 Likes

So you have gone full on, with a SACD player and now a TT, what’s next RtoR or Cassette?

1 Like

when I see all of these posts I’m starting to miss all my (fathers) Vinyls, all my cassettes, all my cds, all my mds :slight_smile: but I know other people are enjoying them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mds =Minidiscs? I have one in my attic.

1 Like

Nope that’s it for formats for me now. Don’t give @AceRimmer any additional ideas he has already started asking about all my cassettes that are in the attic.

I do need to get up and down to switch things over in my retirement and this will count as exercise. :joy:

Though I do see an better TT coming to live with me if this is more than a FAD. Playing CDs and SACDs almost every day so hopefully it is. Just have to also send them to a silent Roon endpoint so I can track what I have played :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I gave my brother 3 of them a few years ago to get them out of my attic

1 Like

I hardly touch my TT takes something special to motivate me these days, my Arcam cd player is also in the Attic. I’m getting a bit tired of my main speaker system at moment as I honestly can’t get it it to sound how I want with my hearing changing as it does at our age and my rooms a constant battle. If exhausted every position possible for speakers. DSP works but I have to admit for some music it robs the life out of them for others I can’t listen without it as the Room just doesn’t get on with them. I just use my headphone setups more as it just doesn’t have the room issues. I can’t put in room mods so I feel I might move on the main stuff sometime soon as out of ideas.

1 Like

yes, minidisks, out of all of them minidisks were no 1 for me. combination between my age, tech, and country. Vinyls I had just 5, Michael Jackson thriller, but my father had a lot, when he was young he had an aunt in us as a source Beatles, janis Joplin, cream etc. When I was in high school I had a walkman I you could find cassettes to buy in 2 or 3 places, copies of course, and if you wanted Xeroxed cover you had to pay more for black&w or more for colour. So I had 50 of those to play again and again. When at university I could do jobs and all my money when in to amp, cd deck, minidisk deck and a portable one, I had hundreds as the cd’s were hard to buy so we all had to share and make copies… After that solid media :slight_smile: that I still have, 300 giga, but it was all illegal downloads of disk images so I do not want to listen to them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m missing my CD’s a lot as well. My kids still have plenty of them in their homes, car and offices…:joy::joy:
Did have to look after my youngest daughters car a few months ago and found my The Doors collection sets in the glovebox and console which were duly reacquainted with the CD Store Cupboard.

1 Like

Speakers were the bane of my life for years, none sounded right or how I wanted despite spending big dollars on some until I discovered OB speakers.
Never looked back.
First a pair of Maggie’s now possibly my endgame speakers, Spatial Audio.
Not even expensive relatively but the single biggest game changer I ever made for myself.
I don’t even peruse audio gear listings any more…just media :joy:

I could say I told you so…for the past couple of years at least :sunglasses:
But I won’t.
Instead it’s just congratulations, enjoy and try not to dive too deeply down the big ol rabbit hole :wink:

2 Likes

I know, all my cds are now at my best friend so when at his house as babysitter I get nostalgia. 9 years ago I moved my studio to a public one, kind of a gallery, so I did give away almost everything. Somehow made me feel good, seeing all my stuff can fit into a trunk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dream of that :slight_smile:

1 Like

you do that by hand? or you have something automatically?

1 Like

I thought youre main system was a Unity Atom but can’t remember what you have them partnered with and I thought you always really liked it. Did you change anything?

I have been enjoying the old school media swapping and I have to say that the Arcam Amp/SACD combination sound’s great. Though I still stream probably 80% of what I listen to. With ARC being used in office that has probably become more like 90%

I have referenced that in another thread :rofl:
But yes you did :grin:

All by hand, I’m sad like that and at least I know it :grin:

1 Like

I know but it’s such a momentous occasion I thought it was worth mentioning more than once!

Welcome to the Dark Side…we have cookies :smiley:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What We Are Listening To [2022-10]