Michael Jackson - I Can’t Help It credits Julie Miller as composer

Hi soundserge

She is credited for the album. Roon doesn’t currently do individual track credits as well as the Tidal app unfortunately… @joel

I see that too, but that’s not correct, is it? I think it’s an error on the part of allmusic/rovi

This is the Julie Miller they credit:

I don’t believe she was involved with Off the Wall or MJ.

Ha, noted - not that particular Julie, certainly.

I’ll have to call Quincy and ask if there was a different Julie involved with the album.

I have the CD somewhere too, I’ll check the CD booklet (if I can find it).

As you said it’s possible AllMusic (and Roon) are both wrong and the Tidal app credits are correct (again).

From the liner notes:

8. I Can’t Help It
(Stevie Wonder/Susaye Greene)
© 1979 Jobete Music Company, Inc., and Black Bull Music, Inc. (ASCAP) All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Michael Jackson – Lead Vocals
Louis Johnson – Bass
John Robinson – Drums
Greg Phillinganes – Electric Piano and Synthesizer
Michael Boddicker – Synthesizer Programming
Paulinho Da Costa – Percussion

Horns arranged by Jerry Hey and performed by
THE SEAWIND HORNS:
Jerry Hey – Trumpet and Flugelhorn
Larry Williams – Tenor, Alto Saxes and Flute
Kim Hutchcroft – Baritone, Tenor Saxes and Flute
William Reichenbach – Trombone
Gary Grant – Trumpet

Rhythm arrangement Greg Phillinganes and Stevie Wonder
Strings arranged by Johnny Mandel
ConcertMaster – Gerald Vinci

1 Like

Nice. The Tidal app track credits are right then. Heaps more info than Roon shows too (track by track info).

I thought so because Julie Miller appears on a number of my albums and she ain’t pop/ R&B.

Hi @soundserge,

I have reached out to our metadata provider and requested they make a change here. I’ll keep you updated once we hear from them.

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Hi again @soundserge,

Our metadata provider has let us know that they have corrected this. Please give this about a week to be reflected within Roon. Once you see the change on your end please mark this post as the solution.

Thanks again for your report!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.