MicroRendu Must be Rebooted for Each Listening Session

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro/DIY PC - M/B = Asus Z370-G; CPU = Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core; RAM = 16GB GSkill; SSD = Samsung - 960 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280; Roon 1.6 (build: 401/64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Modem = Motorola MB8600; Router = Ubiquiti USG-PrO-4; Switch: Ubiquiti UniFi Switch - 24 Ports Managed (US-24-250W); WiFi = Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO-E

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Ubiquiti 24-Port Switch/CAT 8 to microRendu USB to Lampizator Golden Gate DAC

Description Of Issue
Between listening sessions, after firing up my amps & DAC, I need to re-boot the MicroRendu for Roon to “see” it on the network. My guess is that the problem is an IP address / DHCP assignment issue.

Is there a way for the microRendu to be found between sessions without powering it down and back up again?

Sounds like something that should be directed at whoever makes the microrendu rather than Roon.

1 Like

@Jesus_Rodriguez

Hi @Mrmb,

Does this issue occur for only the MicroRendu zone or does it occur for other zones on your network as well? Can you please confirm if your MicroRendu on the newest firmware?

I’m not sure if this will help, but we have seen the need to enable “flow control” on managed switches in the past to have proper communication with Roon, do you by any chance have this option and does it help minimize the issue?

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.