MicroRendu - Mytek Brooklyn - best way to get lossless signal without distortion

Hi Matthew,
I’ve just put the 4 jumpers into the Brooklyn and… it works like a charm!! The distortion is totally gone!!
One more question is when you go to MicroRendu setting on sonicorbiter.com, it says “If your DAC supports DSD select DoP.”, I’m reading some topics here and people have to switch to Native DSD to be able to play DSD with their DAC, why is that? Should it say “If your DAC supports DSD select Native DSD”?

Unfortunately i can’t check the settings as my microrendu is out of action as the man cave is being refurbished.

Mine is definitely set to native

Nice catch!

SONORE computer audio - ultraRendu | microRendu | Signature Rendu SE

That is just a general statement. Not all devices that support DSD support native so best to start with DoP.

This is the official list of devices that support native:

SONORE computer audio - ultraRendu | microRendu | Signature Rendu SE

Hi Jesus,
After putting in 4 gain jumpers, I currently have lossless signal path, however the meter on the Brooklyn nearly reaches to “0” (as in below screenshot).

I turn on Volume Levelling and the meter is lower (always green), however the signal path now include some conversion (16 to 64bit float - 64bit float to 32bit).

Can you let me know what setting you suggest? Do you try to keep the signal path as lossless?

Hi,
I’m not sure why are you concerned with this, -0dB is just full scale digital signal at the input … it sounds like the recording is a little hot that’s all.

Have you tried different tracks, how do they fair?

Side note:
I’m sure you know this already but just for clarity; enabling volume leveling in Roon results in some digital attenuation being applied, but of course once applied the signal is not bit perfect (lossless) anymore, that’s does not mean it won’t sound good just it not bit perfect. It typically boils down to user preference.

Sorry for my ignorance, I’m just a bit concerned if the sound will be distorted when it reaches the “peak”.
I actually cannot notice the difference when Volume levelling is applied and when it has lossless sound, so I think leaving the Volume levelling on is better for the components.

There’s no problem here Kyle. A decent recording should get close to peak. The volume leveling naturally drops the volume. Mine looks exactly the same and I haven’t heard any distortion

1 Like

What you can do is disable all digital signal processing in Roon and use your DAC’s analog volume control.

1 Like

I have changed the Volume control on the Brooklyn to Analogue, but not sure how to disable all digital signal in Roon, can you show me where to do this?
Thank you so much.