MicroRendu, UltraRendu or Other

Some would say the claim that using a better power supply and / or optical devices to isolate equipment results in audibly better sound is outrageous.

I was not aware of these claims, and naturally never made them myself. I’m sure we agree they’re idiotic, and would be trivial to disprove.

As we both know, a well designed and executed blind test has nothing to do with guessing. It is, however, intriguing that you state it would.

I will remind you of the trite “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”, and that I am not the one claiming a bit is not a bit here.

Once again, this is not criticism that applies specifically to Sonore, and I would say the same, as far as USB is concerned, to SoTM, @wklie of Lumin, the @ALLO_audio_boards people, a USB cable manufacturer, or anyone else who makes similar claims. This is not to imply these devices have no other qualities, of course.

To reiterate: I am not the one claiming these devices make an audible difference. Hell, I doubt that a bit is a bit, and that PSUs make a difference, enough to use one of your competitors’ devices, and have said as much in this very thread.

I will also share that I am not a manufacturer, nor am I associated with one, but dare hope that if I was, I would not [Moderated] refer to a competitor’s measurements as “irrelevant”, all while refusing to provide my own with the associated protocols so that they might be independently reproductible and compared. As long as the protocols were provided, and I claimed my products were superior, I will admit I might go as far as publicly offering a comparison of my own offering with that of the competition.

It is absolutely not my place to tell you how to better run what is already a successful business, but I do believe sharing both those measurements and the protocols that would allow them to be replicated is something that would be of value to the entire field you operate in. Likewise, and this is also something I say without irony, I am looking forward to the long-promised device your designer has stated he was working on and that could be used to prove his intuitions. Evidence-based competition is good for everyone.

Instead of alleging, I would appreciate it if you show me where I have shamed your customers for enjoying your products.

The one thing you will find is me making a reference to a completely unacceptable use of language by one of your customers, in support of you, and against the people who do not blindly believe your claims.

Because I was curious where you could get such an idea from, I’ve just looked through my post history. The one thing that did stand out, apart from us disagreeing on expensive 9/12v cables, was that I’ve pointed towards your products (alongside those of SoTM, Allo, and others), multiple times.

The one thing where I have a small doubt is if you happen to also be involved in selling audiophile Ethernet switches or USB cards. I have called those idiot magnets and suited for the truly brain damaged, respectively.
Lest you start believing this is some type of cabal against an engineer you seem to admire, the device I linked and referred to when talking about Ethernet was sold by SoTM.

If there wasn’t, wouldn’t the science behind it, as applied to audio reproduction devices, be widely accepted by the scientific community and the subject of numerous awards in fields and publications much more prestigious and reputable than audiophilia and subjectivist audio publications ?
Despite how groundbreaking such an event would be for audiophiles everywhere, and the service it would do to the hobby, I would wager that outside a rather rarified group, the humble could maintain their humility. In fact, I’d assume a humble man would rather choose to start by getting that work published in a scholarly journal, rather than risk being exposed as a genius by people so technically incompetent they believe in the magical properties of special stones.

If such material exists, I would welcome a DOI or two, because I’m genuinely curious.

I’m sure Ropieee users are very impressed at self-updating software.

I agree you have nothing to prove to me. I also agree you shouldn’t discount happy customers who enjoy your products, but, unless you’re incapable of backing that claim up empirically, I don’t see how proving your products make a clearly demonstrable audible difference, with the most trained listener possible, yourself, would be discounting them. Unless, of course, they don’t do what you told your customers they do. Which, in case you didn’t know, is fix a problem that “translates into a minimizing of critical spatial or soundstage cues.”