Midi output quits

When I set My Cantata and then highlight use this device all is well. but when I go to use the roon app for control the music stops and the use this device is no longer highlit. I was able to make it work before but this time I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Hello @Ken_Scollick — Thank you for sharing your observation with us here. The report is appreciated!

To start, can you clarify this for me:

When I set My Cantata and then highlight use this device all is well. but when I go to use the roon app for control the music stops and the use this device is no longer highlit.

To clarify, you’re able to play music from your Core okay, but when you open the Roon app on a remote device the music stops playing? Or you’re just not able to play music from the remote device?

May I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide. Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Additionally, have you tried rebooting your Core machine, remote device, and networking hardware? If so, did you notice any change in behavior here?

Regards,
Dylan

I figured out what I was doing. When I start music playing after opening roon on the mini then switch to the app I am good still new to roon and learning. Thanks I’m sure I will be back

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.