Migrated to MacBookPro M1, now Roon won't launch, message says no network connection

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro, 13 inch, M1, 2020. 16 GB, 1 TB, MacOS Big Sure 11.5.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

xFinity 1 GB network and Ethernet director to their xFi unit

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I was traveling and my 2015 MacBook Pro that had been where I ran the Roon Core had the battery expand due to heat exposure. So I had to buy a new MacBook. Upon trying to start Roon on the new laptop, I got the message that there was no network connection - although everything else was working.

Then I logged into my Roon account on my Web browser and started to post this. Suddenly, the Roon Core was loading. I had to separately log into Tidal; Qobuz was already working at that point.
This makes no sense to me; I’m an experienced technology user. The Roon Core is working fine for me now, but the way I got here is quite strange, so I thought I should report it.

Hey @anon52902661,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your getting started experience. We’re grateful for the feedback :pray:

I’ve passed it on to our team and, should they have any follow-up questions, we’ll get in touch.

I discovered email later from Roon about a security check since I was logging from a new computer. I imagine that was the problem. The message on my Mac was misleading - it would have been better to say “check your email”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.