Migrated to Roon 1.7 core to new machine; now Roon can't find squeeze touch

Roon 1.7

Lenovo T530, Windows 10 (v.1909, build 18353.476) -> Wi-Fi Technicolor TC8305C router -> Squeezebox Touch

Yamaha AVR optical from Touch

Been using Roon core to Squeezebox Touch satisfactorily since April. I just migrated core to my new machine following 1.7 update; now Roon cannot find Touch. I have tried power-cycling the Touch with no success. Any guidance will be much appreciated!

As always, thanks in advance for your attention.

Have you checked the that Squeezebox support is enabled in Setup?

Hi @SisyphusStone,

I would check to make sure Squeezebox support is enabled as the first step in Roon Settings -> Setup:

If you have verified this, I would next check the Windows Firewall. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

@Henry_McLeod It is. But I very much appreciate your suggestion. Thanks!

@noris, thanks for the fast response. I did a “switch library” on the Touch device, selected the new computer. Touch immediately popped up in the Audio tab. I guess this is essentially the ip address work around? Is there any reason why this fix would be less than ideal?

No. In fact, with some Squeezebox hardware that is what you have to do for initial setup.

Hi @SisyphusStone,

Yes, this is needed when you switch between different Cores. Glad to hear you’ve been able to find the option and that it resolved the issue for you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.