Migrating music folder

Hello All

I currently have a nucleus, Bluesound Vault, Bluesound Node 2 and Bluesound Node 2i.

All my music is in the Bluesound Vault. I plan to retire this unit and backed up all the music to an external drive. I also just added a internal SSD to the nucleus.

Can you please help me migrate music from this external hard drive to Nucleus internal drive?

Thanks

Raj

Check the Roon Knowledge Base :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Rajesh_Ramachandran,

You’ll want to access the Internal Storage folder using Finder or File Explorer. The path will be:

• From a Windows PC
    • \NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage
  • From a Mac
    • smb://NUCLEUS/Data/Storage/InternalStorage

Be sure to replace NUCLEUS with NUCLEUSPLUS if you have a Nucleus+ If asked for a username and password, use Guest for both.

From there you can drag and drop the files into the Internal Storage folder and they’ll copy over. If you have any questions just let us know!

Thanks everyone. I followed this to the T and the transfer is happening now. I expect this to take 5 hours. I will report back once its done.

Cheers

Thank you. However, my laptop (a PC) can’t find \NUCLEUS\Data\Storage\InternalStorage. there is nothing mapped to that location. This despite the fact that my Roon Nucleus is working fine and my laptop can work fine as a remote.

I am using a Mac and can see it in my finder. As of now 75GB is transferred and hopefully it finishes without any error. It would be a pain if it errors at the end.

Fingers crossed.

I was able to migrate 150GB of data. Thanks everyone for the help.

Cheers

Raj

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.