Migrating Roon Core to Euphony OS

Hi ,i need your help migrating my roon core from macbook pro to a dedicated server/ streamer based on linux using euphony os.

I tried following the procedure stated on roon website many times but procedure fails at 65% importing data.

I thought may be the migration procedure is not possible from macbook to linux due different os.

Anybody can help me on this.

Thks

Hi @Sami_Ksouri,

It is possible to move the Roon database between Mac/Linux. Have you made sure to follow our Migration Knowledge Base Article? How are you transferring the backup over, are you using Dropbox / USB / Network Share?

yes i tried to follow exactly the procedure on basic knowledge.
i used 3 different usb hardrive.
wd,toshiba,and a seagate.
the toshiba is for pc ,is it the problem? please help

Hi @Sami_Ksouri,

What is the email address associated with your Roon account? Can you let me know via private message? I will start a message thread with you so you can let me know there.

On the old Core (the Macbook), can you try to create a new backup, set the old database aside, and try restoring the backup (on the same Macbook) and see if that works?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Try restoring the backup you created in step #1 on the same PC

Note, this test does not involve the Euphony or anything else, I just want to make sure backups restore on a fresh database on the same Macbook as a starting point.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.