Migrating Roon to New MacBook Pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro 2020 - Catalina 10.5.4

Qnap NAS Roon version 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Moon Mind

Description Of Issue

Hello

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro and would like to migrate Roon (subscription) from my older MacBook to this new one. Because of the diminished hard drive size I need to make a selective migration of only certain applications.

Can you help me to migrate Roon to my new MacBook without losing my playlists and other setting?

Thanks
Bill

How to move servers
https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_move_my_Roon_library_to_a_new_computer%3F

I’m sorry, I should have been more specific. What I am asking is how to move the Mac Roon Player application and all of its preferences & playlists to my new MacBook Pro, not the Roon server application.

Bill

All of the playlists, albums etc are in the roon library on the server. You will retain all of that if you use a new client. What will be lost are the local client settings which I think are things like sort order in views.

Hi @Bill_J,

Just to confirm — Are you wanting to use the same Core machine as before, but just control Roon from the new device?

If so, there is nothing you’ll need to do — just install the Roon app and connect to the Core! All of your settings (except for a small selection of remote-specific options) and playlists are all stored on the Core machine, so everything will be there no matter what remote you use.

Wow! That was easy. Thanks.
Bill

You can have as many Roon control devices as you want.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.