Networking Gear & Setup Details

router = Netgear Nighthawk & Netgear 8-port gigabit ethernet unmanaged switch

Connected Audio Devices

Two Audio devices Cambridge CXNv2 DAC; Toshiba TV w/Chromecast
I access the Roon Rock with a samsung 21 phone & Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Number of Tracks in Library

5K+ divided between two SSD drives

Description of Issue

Two days ago I migrated from Roon on my primary desktop to the Rock installed on a NUC. I have been trying to map a shared drive from the original desktop to the NUC (NUC7I5BNK) on the same network. Before migrating to the NUC I used two internal drives on this machine (SSD’s; one was running Roon).
After installing the Rock on NUC two days ago, I have not been able to connect to the watched drives. I resorted to dropping one of the folders onto the” //rock/data/storage” folder and it seemed to copy all of the music files to the Rock internal drive. This is not what I want to accomplish. I will be adding additional files and want the Rock to recognize them as they are added. I also have another drive that is larger, which will not fit on the internal NUC storage. I want the Rock Roon server on the NUC to watch any and all shared folders. I have tried all types of configurations but I am not a network guru. For example, (//Back-Office/C:/ My Music; //192.168.1.2/C:/My Music; //C:/My Music; etc.). Yes the folder is shared with everyone.

The C: in there is probably messing things up, the address format is usually // <machine> / <share>

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.