Misleading messaging when not logged in

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14.3
Roon Version 1.7 (build 511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi on corporate network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iFi iDSD Nano via USB

Description Of Issue

I run Roon on a MacMini at home and on my MacBook Pro while at work. Today when I tried to use the MacBook Pro, I was expecting to click the unauthorize button to transfer over the license from the MacMini. However the button did not show up and it said I had used up 0 (!) authorizations This happened because Roon appears to have automatically logged me out. Re-logging in fixed the problem. Not a big problem, but I can see how somebody could get confused. If the login session is no longer valid, it should take you to the login screen instead of showing a misleading message.

Hi @hacker19,

Thanks for the report, I’ll be sure to pass this along to the team for investigation. If you see this behavior occur again would you kindly:

• Share a screenshot of the message you see
  • Make a note of the time it occurred so we can enable diagnostics

Thanks!

It happened again at 01/07/2020 15:02 PST. It told me I’ve already used up 0 or 0 (!) authorizations

After clicking Logout and re-logging in I got the following screen which is expected:

Thanks, @hacker19!

I’ve enabled diagnostics and passed this info along to the team.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

N/A

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A

Description Of Issue

I’ve reported this before, but can’t seem to able to find my post. Switching authorizations between cores is painful enough (especially when you have to do it twice a day), but this bug makes it harder:

When I connect to the Core on my MacBook, I expect it ask me to deauthorize my home Core. Instead, it is asking:

I have to logout and login to fix it, which is tedious.

Topics now merged.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.