Missing album. Can't find in search artist/album/song either

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10 - i5 4590(4cores) - 8gb ram - Roon 1.7 (511)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Simaudio Moon Mind2 streamer with Moon 350p preamp with D3 dac. All wired over Cat6

Description Of Issue

I have noticed there is an album missing in Roon. Perhaps more than one I just haven’t found it.
Searching for artist, song or the album name does not give any result. There is nothing in the skipped files at all.
I have checked the tags of the files for the album and everything is fine, and it is well sorted on my Moon mind app using asset.
The album name starts with " … " perhaps that’s the issue? (" not included)

Thanks

First Roon’s focus feature doesn’t play well with non alpha character so try leaving those characters off of your search. For example Super-bad should be searched as Super bad (without the -)

Next take a look at your settings:

Settings -> General -> Show hidden tracks and albums -> set to Yes

Try the search again and see if that uncovers your missing albums.

Hidden is set to off. I have tried searching for a song on that album. Or leaving out the … not luck

Okay then try searching for one of the song titles on the album (use the magnifying glass icon next to the focus icon) and see what happens. Often Roon will have “identified” the album but given it a different name. If that works you can then edit the album and tell Roon to use the file’s metadata for the title.

Let me know if this works.

That depends on your file/folder structure. If you use album folders and used the album name as you provided, then that’s why.

1 Like

Thank you kind sir. I couldn’t find it when I looked in the forums/faqs

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.