Missing album info

Could you ask your metadata provider to add the following album:

No matter how I search for it in Roon client, I can’t find it.

Thank you!

You could add this to MusicBrainz directly (example: https://musicbrainz.org/release/6cf3f282-b2a6-45c6-84d4-fa2474fbc7ee) and it will filter through into Roon. However, if Roon can’t identify the album you could use file information (metadata) to identify the album.

Thanks @Martin_Webster. I have edited metadata best I could in Yate, then each track separately in Roon. It looks better, but still showing composer as “Primary Artist” in track groups instead of “Composed By”.

1 Like

Hi @xred,

Generally, our metadata providers don’t take requests for adding new albums. The exception to this is, as suggested above, MusicBrainz. Anyone can add albums there and that data is one of the sources we use for our metadata. You can add albums we don’t have data from there and, after some time, it should be picked up by Roon.

Take a look at the following thread. It may help. My library is mostly rock, folk etc. so I can live with Beethoven as both performer and composer.

Sure, @Martin_Webster, I can live with it, but ideally would want it to be right. At any rate, I have entered the album in musicbrainz.org now, let’s see what happens in the next week or two. Thank you all for responding!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.