Missing Album on Artist's Page

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus + / Roon Version 1.7 (Build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear X4S (Ethernet) -> Nucleus + <- Netgear ReadyNAS Pro 4 (usb connection)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Amazon Fire HD 10 (roon player) via WIFI

Description Of Issue

Recently added two releases by Leonard Cohen to my NAS storage device. Roon recognizes one of the two releases in the “Recently Added” Overview section and the same one is visible on the artist’s page. The other release is not visible unless I perform a search by album title. Doing so, and selecting the artist’s name, takes me back the correct artist page. But it is still not displaying the missing album in the list of albums I own. Any suggestions why this occurs and how to remedy the issue is appreciataed.

FWIW, Also just noticing a few more oddities concerning the missing album:

( 1 ) When accessing the missing album via album title search, a red “Unavailable” indicator is listed above each track.
(2) When editing album info, it saves the edit. But the edit is not reflected on the album page.

And here are a few anomalies:

( 1 ) In an effort to test a remedy, the missing album was removed from my storage device. Did a forced rescan of storage device in an effort to remove any record of the copy I owned. Doing so removed all the track names on the album page. But checking available versions, it showed a Tidal, Qobuz and a primary version, my cd, with no tracks.

( 2 ) Even more alarming was the fact that the missing album was missing from the “View All Main Albums” for Leonard Cohen.

Try it yourself. Search for Leonard’s album “New Skin for the Old Ceremony” via artist search -> View All Main Albums if you are a subscriber to Tidal and/or Qobuz. Curious to hear whether this album shows up for you.

Hi @jb76,

Can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing in Roon so we can better understand what might be happening here?

I’d also like to take a look at the files themselves — This album is appearing correctly for me from Qobuz/TIDAL, so there might be something specific to these files that is causing an issue with Roon. Can you zip up the album folder and share it with us here?

Thanks!

Since my last post I have resolved the issue with respect to my roon player displaying Leonard Cohen’s "New Skin for the Old Ceremony” album as a new addition on my Overview page. It is also now recognized as an album I own on the artist’s home page and the “Unavailable” text above each track is no longer present. Thus I am now able to play the album. This was resolved when I shutdown my roon player and Nucleus + and restarted both of them.

That said, this particular album is still missing from the “View All Main Albums” page which should display the one Tidal and one Qobuz versions available for this release. The only way to access these versions is to search for the release by the album title, not under the artist’s home page.

Currently at work, so I do not have access to my roon player till 5 p.m. (CDST) if there is still a need to do so.

If you have hide versions set then they will be merged and you have to click the version tab to see them.

Correct, if I am on the primary album page which represents the one I own, I can click on the versions tab to view the other versions. However, I should be able to go to the “View All Main Albums” on the artist’s home page to and see this album too since there is a Tidal and Qobuz version, correct.

Again, I am not at home to test this theory. Are you suggesting that the “View All Main Albums” will not display any albums which I already own?

Ok I get you now I think.
A couple of screenshots when you get home would help.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestion Ged. Not seeing a “hide versions set” option. But it appears that any albums I own do not appear in the View All Main Albums section which explains the missing album issue.

Still confused though as to why one out of thirteen albums, added during the same storage scan, appeared as “Unavailable” till the roon player and Nucleus + were restarted. Obviously the files were not corrupt since I did not re-rip the missing cd to create new digital files. Again, I am curious whether the main issue was likely caused by a hardware or software problem.

Hi @jb76,

Thanks for the update!

It’s hard to say just yet what might have happened here — If you see this issue return please try to start playback and let us know the name of the album and the time you try to play the album. We can enable diagnostics and take a closer look then.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.