Missing Albums In Library

Na, I’d leave it.

Cheers, Greg

And here is the screenshot of Kid3 looking at the metadata of the version iTunes ripped and Roon was happy with.

Have you checked the folder permissions?
This has solved problems for me in the past.

• get info on the folder containing your audio (Command-i)
  • click the lock at the bottom of the window
  • enter password at prompt
  • then in dropdown menu apply to enclosed items
  • click ok

Yah @ffk permissions are good.

Hey @Derek_Cooper – can you give me a little more information about your storage setup? Where is this watched folder located?

This is interesting. Same watched folder?

Can you zip up one of the FLAC albums Roon isn’t picking up, upload it to Dropbox (or similar), and PM me a link? If you don’t have somewhere to upload it, let me know and I can give you a way to upload it directly to our server.

If this is something about the media, @vova and I will be able to reproduce and see what’s going on. If it’s something about your setup, information about your storage will be a good place to start.

It sounds like you’ve already considered most of what’s listed here, but mentioning it just in case.

Sorry for the trouble @Derek_Cooper – we’ll figure this out!

Hey @mike - happy to provide you and your team with data so you can replicate the issue on your end. And you are correct, I did review the issues listed here and we are good.

There are ~ 3,800 albums in the library now - had a ripping party of my CD collection. Staring at 7,000 vinyl albums I just don’t have the heart to rip. Anyhoo… ripped everything to FLAC no compression using dBpoweramp on a Windows 10 box - hung 8 optical drives off the machine. All files stored to a Pegasus R8 24TB RAID 5 array. The Pegasus hangs off a Mac Pro on a full CAT6 gigabit network with gigabit switching.

Roon core running on a dual core i5 Mac mini 16GB RAM, SSD drive. HQPlayer on the Mac mini feeding a Meitner MA-1 DAC.

I will re-rip the Irene Torres album to FLAC using XLD and will edit the metadata for the first track - I will upload them using WeTransfer and let you know when it’s ready for pickup - does that work @mike ?

This is just too bizarre @mike - I re-ripped the Irene Torres album in XLD and wouldn’t you know it, today it recognizes the CD and adds all the appropriate metadata and rips just fine. Roon then picks up the album immediately. Puzzling that today XLD would recognize the album, yet yesterday it was unknown to CDDB.

Anyhow @mike I’ve PM’d you with the FLAC download on WeTransfer.

Sometimes in XLD I have to select the “Get Metadata” button more than once.

Wish I had know that when I started…

T.

You should never have to push that button generally. There are settings to always accept metadata when found.

Are you sure you’ve examined and tried all the settings available in the Preferences screen?

I’d concur - never have to press that button.

Hmmm. That’s interesting and good to know.

Sometimes when I’m ripping, the track info will fill in but never the cover art. Either way - with or without track info - I hit the “get metadata” button. Usually, a drop box appears allowing me to select the source of the metadata, either musicbrainz or FreeDB. Sometimes different releases based upon country.

I just loaded the CD of Mike + The Mechanics ‘The Living Years’ . XLD recognized it and and after doing a pregap check showed the CD and tracks but no cover art. I had to select the ‘Get Metadata’ button three times before I was offered the options of selecting the FreeDB or MusicBrainz data for the US or GB. It downloaded and displayed the cover art and is ripping to AIFF now.

I appreciate the new info. Any advice on how I might set this up to automate in my preferences would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tom

Just click the Cover Art icon @dbtom2 and choose from the artwork that becomes available in the selection window. Did you enable Amazon’s library so you have more artwork to choose from?

Hey Derek,

Thanks for following up. No I never enabled Amazon’s library because I was too lazy to figure it out.

Also, (I am using a Mac if that makes a difference) I don’t see a Cover Art icon.

I’ve uploaded a screenshot of XLD in a rip job.

Any advice on completing the preferences fill-in and where the cover art icon is would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

T.

Hey @dbtom2,

For Amazon Web Services, you’ll need to create an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account - not too hard. From there you’ll need to struggle through the process of creating an “Access Key,” and a “Secret Key,” so you can gain access to the Amazon database of music.

As for the cover art, see that square with the words “No Image,” in it, click that! Bingo - pop-up dialog with suggested artwork for the cover. Give it a whirl.

Hmm. Okay, I will try that and report back.

Thank you Derek for the encouragement and advice.

Tom

Consider getting dbPoweramp, great metadata search engines and artwork.

1 Like

I agree with @fore - my workflow is an 8-bay Windows 10 workstation running dBpoweramp - rips ~ 100 / CDs per hour. For those CDs that dBpoweramp doesn’t recognize, they get shuffled off to a single drive Mac Pro running XLD with the Amazon web services engine enabled.

1 Like